Sunday, January 13, 2008

Back to NYC

So I'm back to NYC, was way easier than I thought. I ended up doing wayyy too much this weekend. Friday was a gong show with Deanne, Saturday was Luisa's birthday and another gong show. I ended up going to bed on Saturday night at 3:30, woke up at 6:00 am to catch my flight at 8:00 am. Landed in Ottawa from TO at 9:00 am figuring immigration would take hours but it took 30 minutes and so I was out by 9:30 with nothing to do until my 2:25 pm flight. But I'm back, and safe, with a visa and totally 100% legal. First thing I said to my cousin when I was unpacking (for like the 5th time in 4 months) was, "yes, so I wanted to do this right? I wanted to come back, I can do this." Guess I got really comfortable being back home with all my friends and family. Now I'm back to having very little friends, working PR in cut-throat PR market for probably close to 10 hours a day but I'm strong and I have faith!!! I wanted this, I NEEDED this.

So 2008 is sooooo kick-ass so far!!! I got rid of some poison, got back into New York and am ready to start my new life!!! This is going to be a good year, I can feel it. Me and Michelle have our New Years resolution in place and she's going to get er done in TO while I get er done in NY!! My 2 months in TO was the craziest bender and is more or less all a blur so I'm happy to be taking a break, a well-deserved break from the madness!! My first HUGE snow storm in NY is tomorrow, I seriously bring shitty weather with me wherever I go. Think it'll be a hoot to see the city blanketed.

I leave you with this photo, probably the real reason I wanted to move to NY, the goddamn shopping!! Maybe I can FINALLY pick up my ACNE pumps that I've been waiting to go on sale since July, they are truly lovely and beautiful. Don't be jealous!

No comments: