Monday, December 10, 2007

New Tats, New Mantras

So I want a new tattoo, one that is in sanskrit, from my neck that reads downward as per Victoria "Posh" Beckham. When lying down, it will read from left to right as that's the way sanskrit reads so when standing, you will have to tilt your head, not that anyone will be able to decipher it anyways. I am trying to decide between two things:

Option 1: Buddhist Mantra

असतोमा सद्गमय। तमसोमा ज्योतिर् गमया। मृत्योर्मामृतं गमय॥

"lead me from non-truth to truth; lead me from darkness to light; lead me from mortality to immortality"

Option 2: Buddhist Noble Eightfold Path - the way to end suffering (still need to get translated)

Right View
Right Intention
Right Speech
Right Action
Right Livelihood
Right Effort
Right Mindfulness
Right Concentration

No comments: