Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Love at First Sight

I was doing my normal morning routine - walk up stairs at the stairs at 4th and 9th and jumped on the train. As I slowly looked to my right looking for the impossible seat I see a total me guy. We make eye contact and I quickly look away chuckling to myself. This goes on for a couple of stops until the guy beside me gets up so I go to sit but the guy beside the hot guy moves into that seat so the only seat left is directly beside him. At first I thought good move but no, since it's hard to make eye contact with someone directly beside you. So we go along our merry way, me reading Oscar Wilde's The Picture of Dorian Gray and he reading Michael Chabon's Wonder Boys. Me on my iPOD listening to Cat as always and him listening to the drone of the subway.

As we go along, I'm not really paying attention to my book and am randomly wondering:

A - what stop is his and
B - what to do...smile? give business card? say hi? ignore?

So he starts packing up, putting away his umbrella, book, etc. and gets up to leave and gives me a smirk. I get up to go to my next stop and realize it's 1 stop past at 47 Rockefeller Center rather than my stop at 42nd. So I more or less got too flustered that I missed my stop which was in turn his stop. My friend at work told me I should've given him my card b/c that's what people in NY do but I told her that I realized I was dressed like an idiot today.

So I will just continue to take the train at that exact time in that exact spot to get on the exact cart and hopefully will run into him again. Oh well, you snooze you lose.

No comments: