Wednesday, April 30, 2008

I read and I read

I read and I read. I've been reading and writing books since I knew how. I used to write tons of short stories in elementary school and dreamt of being a writer, then a fashion designer, then a lawyer, then an art historian and now a PR professional that does tons of writing. I still think that sometimes I'll venture back to my true love of writing.

I read all the time, so much and it all somewhat sinks in but once in awhile, I read something and it blows my mind and that's the moment that I realize, that's why I read. That's why no matter what I read, I love it and respect the art form that it is. I can't draw, I can't sing, I can't dance, writing is my art.

"What difference does it make after all? 
- anonymity in the world of men is 
better than fame in heaven, for what's heaven? 
what's earth? All in the mind." ... 
Jack Kerouac, On the Road

That sums up my entire life, beliefs and cynicism for the past 10 years. I bow down to the Beat Generation. I FINALLY, FINALLY, FINALLY read Jack Kerouac and I bow down. 

No comments: