This makes me feel great and awesome. Going home to TO in a month with the help of amazing friends and a fundraising group on Facebook, hopefully going to the LA office for a mini exchange, visiting family and HOPEFULLY going to London/Europe to visit a friends maybe in the fall. This is all under the term "hopeful" b/c I'm hoping that I will be able to save money for all.
On a side note, my visa ends in April so I've decided to apply for an H1-B visa in April b/c oddly enough, PR is a "desired" profession here in the US of A. This visa will be good for 6 years so maybe after the 6 or even before I'll finally be ready for hometime, as in TO hometime but you never know what can happen in 6 years. Plus, this visa has a quota, last year it opened on April 1st, the quota was set for 65,000 and this was hit at April 2nd when they had to close it so then it became a lottery so in reality, my chances aren't 100%.
Weekend was fun, great, tiring and accompanied with great people. One of my oldest friends and his GF came to visit. We ate good food, walked a lot, shopped a lot, drank a lot and just had general GTs. This Monday is my first official American holiday, totally excited.
Happy belated Victoria Day to my Canadian peeps!!! 95% of my time is still lovely and beautiful here while the other 5% is wrought with anxiety, lonliness and a general state of "what the fuck did I just do?!" I got about 6 more months until I'm supposed to feel truly settled, can't wait.
Be well my friends! xo